Hatched is a distillation of 8 years of writing, a process that helped the author artist and writer Corina Duyn to come to terms with a debilitating illness M.E. Her poetry and images allow us to glimpse her sense of humor along with strength of mind…
Hatched- a Creative Journey Through M.E. by Corina Duyn. ISBN 978-0-9563589-0-5; 192 pages. Full colour, 15×15 cm. Accompanied by Flightpath documentary. Supported by Waterford County Council Arts Office & Arts Council of Ireland. Written and illustrated by Corina Duyn; Published by Little Wings 2006. The Book is almost of print, but is available as digital download €3.99 See HERE If you are interested in one of the remaining printed books €20, please contact me.
Endorsements for Hatched- a Creative Journey Through M.E.
- “Hatched” is one of the most energetic, generous-hearted, sharp-minded and inspiring books of poems I’ve read for quite a while. No matter what page you open the book I find love of life, an appreciation of life, a vibrant sense of privilege and gratitude …” (Poet Brendan Kennelly)
- ‘It is beautiful. Really beautiful. It gives me courage. (Dianne Mawhood)
- Dropping an audio book in to Corina back in 1999 I was horrified to see the wheelchair abandoned at the bottom of a steep staircase – Like Rapunzel incarcerated in her ivory tower Corina was trapped – trapped in a body unsure how to function – trapped – trapped full stop.“Housebound but Homeless” – Librarian Evelyn Coady – Book launch Lismore Library, 6- ‘06
- Corina Duyn is living proof of the adage that you can’t keep a good woman down. In the last eight years, she has gone from the depths of crippling pain and tiredness, where she was unable to even crack an egg, to publishing her first book of poetry and visual imagery. Deirdre O’Flynn – Painting through the pain – Feelgood- Irish Examiner 6-‘06
- Flight Path documentary– making of Hatched