Hatched, published as paperback in 2006, is a distillation of eight years of writing, a process that helped the author artist and writer Corina Duyn to come to terms with a debilitating illness M.E. Her poetry and images allow us to glimpse her sense of humour along with strength of mind.
As it is almost out of print, it is available to read for free on this page. (scowl down to bottom of page) or buy one of the remaining copies here.
Hatched- a Creative Journey Through M.E. by Corina Duyn. ISBN 978-0-9563589-0-5; 192 pages. Full colour, 15×15 cm. Accompanied by Flightpath documentary. Supported by Waterford County Council Arts Office & Arts Council of Ireland. Written and illustrated by Corina Duyn; Published by Little Wings 2006. Few copies remaining – see here
Endorsements for Hatched- a Creative Journey Through M.E.
- “Hatched” is one of the most energetic, generous-hearted, sharp-minded and inspiring books of poems I’ve read for quite a while. No matter what page you open the book I find love of life, an appreciation of life, a vibrant sense of privilege and gratitude …” (Poet Brendan Kennelly)
- ‘It is beautiful. Really beautiful. It gives me courage. (Dianne Mawhood)
- Dropping an audio book in to Corina back in 1999 I was horrified to see the wheelchair abandoned at the bottom of a steep staircase – Like Rapunzel incarcerated in her ivory tower Corina was trapped – trapped in a body unsure how to function – trapped – trapped full stop.“Housebound but Homeless” – Librarian Evelyn Coady – Book launch Lismore Library, 6- ‘06
- Corina Duyn is living proof of the adage that you can’t keep a good woman down. In the last eight years, she has gone from the depths of crippling pain and tiredness, where she was unable to even crack an egg, to publishing her first book of poetry and visual imagery. Deirdre O’Flynn – Painting through the pain – Feelgood- Irish Examiner 6-‘06
- Flight Path documentary– making of Hatched
- My more recent book on life with illness ‘Into the Light’ is available from my shop