Into the Light by Corina Duyn is an Artist Book-in-a-wooden-box. Each loose sheet has a short reflection on life with chronic illness/disability, although its wisdoms are also applicable to many of life’s challenges. Fear, hope, acceptance, society’s attitudes, the power of creativity and moments of gratitude are all explored. Supported by quotes from a great variety of authors, each sheet is illustrated with Corina’s stunning nature photographs and her imaginative art.
ISBN 978-0-9563589-3-6 ; 82 loose sheets in a box. Full colour. Written and illustrated by Corina Duyn; Published by Little Wings, September 2015, Limited Edition of 500. Shortlisted for Carousel Aware Prize for Independent Authors (The CAP Awards)
See please see shop page for the four editions: Into the Light Wooden Box €30; Limited edition of 12 – linen wrap around box €90; Gusset envelop €20; ‘Care Box’ €40. Postage flat rate of €5. A4 Prints with images from the book are available here
- “Into the Light feels like a hug in a box” (Miriam Hennebry)
- “Into the Light is not just an ordinary book, it is a deeply spiritual, inspirational work. The story of challenges overcome through courage; the story of fear overcome by hope, the story of darkness overcome by light, and that comes right through it.It makes for an extraordinary presentation.” Sr. Stan. Sanctuary Launch.
- “The words in this book – Into the Light- are from the heart. They are realisations- rather than ideas. They are a beautiful kind of resource. It is beautiful and extraordinary… The artist used her illness – something that happened to her – to go deeper, querying the joys of being alive. The words and images tell us not to be afraid. It is beautiful here too. And that is an amazing thing. So thank you for that.” Michael Harding at Dzogchen Beara book launch
- “Corina has a great capacity to help others with your work.” (Tobi Zausner, PhD, LCSW, Writer and Therapist. USA)
- “Corina shows us a life that is close to nature, that is filled with imagination, and thought, and reflection, with a clear sense of who she is, and the course that she is travelling through this world, and yes there is a life – and art has a big part to play in it” Mary Grehan, Waterford Healing Arts Trust
- “It is wonderful the way Corina has brought this book into being for the benefit of others. (Vidyamala Burch, Author of Mindfulness for Health, UK)
- “I think what Corina offers can be so very healing, if we are quiet and let it in.” (Jennifer Puerner. Psychotherapist, and Living your Dance facilitator. Colorado USA)
- video of the story behind the book
- Book Launch Video
- Radio Inteview with Padraig Naughton on Disability Arts Radio
A few sample pages from Into the Light