Online Puppet making course with Artist and Puppet Designer Corina Duyn. After almost 50 years of learning * and three decades of teaching, Corina is no longer able to create puppets, or teach. However, all the material is now shared via this Self-Directed online course through videos and online books.
Learn how to sculpt a clay head, hands and feet for a puppet, and make a puppet body and cross, all instructions shared via Youtube videos, and step-by-step written and photographic instructions through online books (ISSUU), for both basic and more advanced puppets. Sculpting instruction also applicable to create a doll, or bust.
UPDATE 16th October 2021: As my illness/ability is changing, I have decided to make the course links accessible For Free. See my Blog: https://corinaduyn.blogspot.com/2021/10/puppet-making-course-access-details.html for all the links
- Access to over 2.5 hours of YouTube videos with step-by-step tuition.
- Four online online ISSUU ‘books’ with step-by-step photographic and written instructions (85 pages)
- Two free videos, and 7 page online ISSUU ‘book’ with general instructions on materials and work methods.
- Without online tuition support, or tools or materials
- Edit 16th October 2021: As my illness/ability is changing, I have decided to make the course links accessible For Free via my blog: https://corinaduyn.blogspot.com/2021/10/puppet-making-course-access-details.html
What is included, in detail:
Sculpting the head
- Seven Youtube Videos (70 min.) with step-by-step guidance.
- 25 page online ISSUU ‘book’ with step-by-step photographic and written instructions to create a head using glass eyes, as well as sculpted eyes.
- Instructions are also provided to sculpt the head on a base, instead of continuing to make it into a puppet.
Sculpting Hands and Feet
- Four Youtube Videos (35 min.) with step-by-step guidance on how to sculpt hands and feet or base for shoes.
- Includes detailed and more basic options.
- 23 page online ISSUU ‘book’, with step-by-step photographic and written Instructions.
Body and Cross
- Wooden Puppet Body & Cross design suggestions.
- Assembling Instructions of body and cross.
- 4 Youtube Video’s with detailed instructions (30 min.)
- 23 page online ISSUU ‘book’ , with step-by-step photographic and written Instructions, on wooden puppet body and cross design; assembling instruction; and stringing up.
- Including alternative cloth body, and basic cross.
- Includes Video on how to animate your puppet.
Painting and Dressing
- Two Youtube Videos for advanced painting suggestions & painting the sculpted eyes. (30 min.)
- 14 page online ISSUU ‘book’ with advanced and more basic painting instructions and ideas for clothing and hair.
- short introduction video
- The story on how this course came about
- Website: Puppet page
- Segment on ‘Nationwide’ (Irish TV program) about puppet making in my studio
- The healing effect of teaching Puppet Making
- Presentation of Puppetry, Disability and Health
- Corina was Recipient of mentoring bursary through Arts and Disability Ireland to create puppet Film script
- Life Outside the Box Puppet Project with people with disabilities
- Most recent article on Art+Health about Corina’s creative journey, and changes in abilities.
* This course material was created by Corina Duyn and draws on almost 5 decades of experience. It is for your personal use only.