This arts tapestry gallery is where Corina Duyn shares her new love of weaving. Having followed a course at the VEC, Corina has finally fulfilled a life long dream - to weave. Using treads as a methaphor of life, allowed her to explore healing arts in a new way. Her work is small and woven in exquisite detail, using several strands of sewing threads to create texture and colour. Each piece takes about a year to create and all Tapestries tell a story.
"Weaving became an unexpected form of meditation. Moving each thread under and over. Under and over. Exploring the play of colour. Experimenting with texture. Every action a metaphor for life."
© Corina Duyn - Into the LightFurther information:
- "Garden" (2011) 10x20cm €75
- "Garden Poppy" (2011) 11x15cm €100
- "Healing" (2012) 14x11.5cm (framed) €200*
- " Gaia" (2012) 18x21cm (sold)
- "Weaver Bird" (2013) 22x13.5 cm(sold)
- "Ontpoppen" (2014) 22x17cm (sold)
- "I am ready to Hear You" (2015) 21x16 cm(not for sale)
- "Autumn Joy" (2016) 23.5x16.5cm (comes framed) €400
- "Tree of Life" - Work in progress: the story so far