This New Beginnings Portfolio shares the sculptures by Artist and Writer Corina Duyn. All works were created during a time where the artist lived with the illness M.E. A shift in her work appeared in 2011 after years of exploring the theme of eggs and bird (see visual journey portfolio). These works show a sense of being more ‘grounded’ in her reality. Many works incorporate roots.
All of these works were created twenty minutes at the time, over several months.
Being involved in Creativity is beneficial for the mind … “
© Corina Duyn – Into the Light
Available New Beginnings works are listed below. Please contact me if interested to purchase.
- “Beach Bliss” ’16, 18x16x10. Air drying clay, rock, seaweed. €125
- “Aerial”, ’14 58x20x15cm. Air drying clay, paint, beach material €245
- “Out of the Box” ’14 25x18x11cm. Airdrying clay, box, newspaper clippings, paint €195
- “Twenty Minute Bird“ ’14, 44x30x20cm. Paper, air drying clay, paint €195
- “Desire“, ’12, 40x16x30cm. Air drying clay, bicycle, paint €295
- “Naked Truth” ‘07, 28x18x22cm. Air drying clay, toy bicycle wheels, gravel €245
- Interview about my work, printed in Puppet Place Newsletter: Puppets and M.E.: An interview with Corina Duyn
- For the stories behind my art works, please visit my my blog and type title of artwork in ‘Search this Blog‘ on right side of page.
- For a series of Art Postcards for purchase please see this page
- If you are interested to commission a piece of art, please contact me.